Little Things Mean A Lot
Party Decorations & Rentals
Planning your special event is well underway. You’ve conceived a clever party theme, designed a delicious catering menu, created a beverage plan, and determined how you will serve your food and drinks.
So, what’s next on the ‘to do’ list? The details. Little things will help make your party pop like festive decorations, colorful linens, and flowers. Party decor doesn’t have to be complicated or expensive. Simply choosing a vibrant color scheme will make your event stand out!
Bold sapphire blue creates the focal point at this party, accented by vibrant, seasonal flowers and decorative lanterns for ambient lighting.
Other simple effects to set the mood for your event are lighting, candles, music, paper lanterns or balloons. Think of your party as a full-sensory experience…with sights, smells, sounds, tastes and touchable accents. When every sense is represented, you’re sure to create a memorable event.
Here are some questions to ask your caterer about how they can help you with party decorations and other details:
- Do you handle rental equipment such as tables, chairs, heaters, etc.?
- What types of linens, glassware, plates and flatware do you provide? Note: Some caterers have basic packages that use disposable dinnerware instead of the real thing, so make sure you know exactly what you’ll be getting.
- Can you provide party decorations upgrades such as chair covers, lounge furniture, Chiavari chairs, lighting, votive candles, etc.?
- Do you have a preferred list of party decorations vendors like florists, balloon artists, lighting specialists, and rental companies?
Festive Mardi Gras party decorations featured colorful lighting and dancers!
The most important part of planning is making the party your own. Everything about you is unique so make your event a reflection of your whims and tastes…have fun, be creative and share your party theme and decoration ideas with your caterer. Together you can collaborate and make a fabulous memory!
In case you missed the previous “Questions to Ask a Caterer” posts ~
Up next on “Questions to Ask a Caterer blog series ~
- Part 4: Proposals, contracts and other details.